Iowa Endoscopy Center is dedicated in providing patient care in a friendly, safe and cost conscious environment. The following information should help patients in getting the information they need from their health insurance provider before receiving health care services. Please check with your health insurance provider prior to your visit. Speaking directly to your health insurance provider is the best way to avoid any misunderstanding about your benefits.
We accept all major insurance plans and it is important that you have a good understanding of your health insurance plan coverage and what, if any, financial responsibilities you may have from medical care you receive from us. Iowa Endoscopy Center is considered an Ambulatory Surgical Center. Be sure to check with your health insurance provider if your procedure is covered in this setting.
Insurance plans vary. We strongly recommend and encourage you to speak with your health insurance provider. It is not possible for IEC to know all the details of different insurance plans. You need to know your insurance coverage before your scheduled procedure appointment.
Many health insurance plans offer a screening colonoscopy as a health benefit for patients age 45 and older with most or all of the cost paid by your insurance plan. Check with your health insurance provider to see if your insurance plan makes this benefit available to you.
Questions to ask your health insurance provider:
- How much does my insurance pay for screening colonoscopy?
- How much does my insurance pay for diagnostic colonoscopy? This is a colonoscopy done because you are having symptoms.
- How much does my insurance pay for EGD (Esophagogastroduodenoscopy)?
- Is the doctor/facility performing the exam within my health insurance network?
- How will the procedure affect my out of pocket expense if it started as a routine screening and polyps are taken?
- How much of my deductible/co-insurance have I satisfied this year?
- How do insurance companies decide what they will pay for and how much?
If you have a procedure at Iowa Endoscopy Center (IEC) you will receive two billing statements. One from IDDC for the physician charges and one from IEC for the facility charge.
If biopsies are done during the procedure, you will receive a bill from the pathologist. You will also receive a bill from the laboratory that processed your specimens.
Please contact our billing office at 515-288-6097 if you have any further questions.